Ataraxia Updates #17 - 5th February 2019

• Owner

Ataraxia Updates #17

- Giant Mole
- Massive balance changes
- Boss Timers
- A heap of General & Bug Fixes!!!

[+] General Changes

- You now receive 1 spin/day for Regular/Bronze, 2 for Silver, 3 for Gold, 4 for Platinum, 5 for Diamond and 6 for Master
- Added World message to help newer players understand Hazelmere/Chime shop
- Examining Ring of Wealth (c) will now show the Benefits: The best-in-slot ring available, providing the following bonuses: Acts as a Ring of Wealth, Ring of Slaying, Ring of Death and a 'perfect' ring
- The experience rates for cooking fish has been changed to match Runescape
- You can now Note and Un-note items by using them on Bank chests
- T90 armour repairing has been reduced. Sirenic Scales, Tectonic Energy and Malevolent Energy now only repair 5% of the charges, instead of 10%
- All Sirenic scale drops have been removed from Drop tables bar the high level Slayer monsters. They were added as Phippzy thought Sirenic was too rare on the previous version of Ataraxia. However, this lead to an overwhelming amount of Scales. They are now Tertiary only with an odd few on Bosses/Late-game Slayer
- All GWD1, Ganodermic and Misc Slayer items have been removed from the Chime shop sellables. The intention of this shop is to sacrifice your good armour & weapons for the valuables in the shop. It lead to way too many people just camping Gano's for a few days.
- You can no longer repair: Decimation, Annihilation & Obliteration and they also now degrade to dust
- Diamond Zone has been added to Member Teleports
- Lottery now has a chance to award a player with an Investor bet in the next active Lottery
- Drygore mace attack speed has been increased to match the Runescape 3 system
- Pest control experience rewards have been increased 3x
- Swift gloves will now activate 50% less

- The Mining Golem outfit is now in rotation! Check out the benefits here: https://runescape.fandom.com/wiki/Magic_golem_outfit
- A few items have been rotated out, however, some have been added! Check out the SoF and I'm sure you'll come across the

[+] Rare Item Token Rotation

image.png

image.png

Swag.

[+] Giant Mole

- Giant Mole has been added!
- The Mole is Instanced, and you can set spawn speeds just like various other bosses.
- There is also hardmode if you're up for a challenge.
- Similar to Runescape, the Mole will burrow and run away from you, you'll have to navigate her Caves to find her and kill her.

image.png

- Giant mole drops various Herblore ingredients and Farming supplies for Ironmen.. As well as this.. awe...some? Pet

image.png

- Currently an issue with Deathtouched darting the Mole! Don't waste your darts.

[+] Boss Timers

- Boss Timers have been added
- When you begin a kill on any Boss, the timer will begin, and it will end when you deal the killing blow. 
- You'll then receive a printed time for that kill, so jot them down and get comparing to other people!
- In the future, there are plans to add Boss timers as requirements for Completionist etc.
- So get those fast kills ready!
- There has been limited testing done on the Boss timers so please report all potential bugs you find

[+] Item Bonuses Overhaul -- Balancing

- Snowie, Nik and I have been working closely in attempt to balance the 3 combat styles.
- Now, it's extremely hard to make these things perfect. But after a few days, and countless hours of me changing numbers.. I think we're getting closer.
- We're not all the way there yet, which is where you come in. Check the changes out on the Live game and tell me your thoughts.
- We want all Combat styles to be relevant, ofcourse some bosses would be better to use Range over Mage or Melee over Range, but overall we want the Combat styles to be relatively interchangeable. 
- Sooooooooo... Here's what we did
- I tried using a Spoiler.. Just didn't work sooo Enjoy the massive spam:

Melee 1-Hander

Drygore Longsword - Changed to 215 Accuracy & 215 Strength from 245/200
Drygore Rapier - Changed to 215 Accuracy & 215 Strength from 215/185
Drygore Mace - Upped attack speed by one tick, changed to 215 Accuracy & 190 Strength from 255/215
Ripper Claws - Lowered Strength bonus by -20
Blade of Nymora - Lowered Strength bonus by -20 (it's faster)

Melee 2h

Noxious Scythe - Accuracy lowered to 300 from 345

Ranged Ammo

Araxyte Arrow - Lowered Accuracy to 20 from 55
Ascendri Bolt - Lowered Accuracy to 30 from 100
Ascension Bolt - Lowered Accuracy to 20 from 85

Magic Dual wield

Seismic Wand - Changed to 165 Accuracy from 65
Seismic Singularity - Changed to 75 Accuracy from 65

Magic 2h

Obliteration - Changed to 180 Accuracy from 80
Noxious Staff - Changed to 200 Accuracy from 100

Ranged Armour

Sirenic Mask - Changed to 25 Accuracy & 8 Strength from 24 & 30
Sirenic Hauberk - Changed to 40 Accuracy & 12 Strength from 48 & 50
Sirenic Chaps - Changed to 32 Accuracy & 10 Strength from 45 & 40

Superior Morrigan's Coif - Changed to 25 Accuracy & 8 Strength from 20 & 26
Superior Morrigan's Leathertop - Changed to 35 Accuracy and 12 Strength from 46 & 45
Superior Morrigan's Chaps - Changed to 28 Accuracy & 10 Strength from 40 & 30

Anima core of Zamorak Helm - Changed to 20 Accuracy & 5 Strength from 20 & 20
Anima core of Zamorak Body - Changed to 28 Accuracy & 9 Strength from 42 & 35
Anima core of Zamorak Legs - Changed to 25 Accuracy & 8 Strength from 38 & 30

Refined Anima core of Zamorak Helm - Changed to 23 Accuracy & 6 Strength from 23 & 25
Refined Anima core of Zamorak Body - Changed to 30 Accuracy & 10 Strength from 42 & 35
Refined Anima core of Zamorak Legs - Changed to 28 Accuracy & 9 Strength from 41 & 35

Pernix Cowl - Changed to 4 Strength from 20
Pernix Body - Changed to 24 Accuracy & 7 Strength from 38 & 35
Pernix Chaps - Changed to 20 Accuracy & 6 Strength from 25 & 30

Melee Armour 

Malevolent Helm - Changed to 25/25/25 Accuracy & 8 Strength from 5/5/5 & 5
Malevolent Top - Changed to 40/40/40 Accuracy & 12 Strength from 10/10/10 & 8
Malevolent Legs - Changed to 32/32/32 Accuracy & 10 Strength from 8/8/8 & 6

Superior Statius' Helmet - Changed to 25/25/25 Accuracy & 8 Strength from 3/3/3 & 3
Superior Statius' Platebody - Changed to 35/35/35 Accuracy & 12 Strength from 7/7/7 & 5
Superior Statius' Platelegs - Changed to 28/28/28 Accuracy & 10 Strength from 5/5/5 & 4

Superior Vesta's Platebody - Changed to 35/35/35 Accuracy & 14 Strength from trash
Superior Vesta's Platelegs - Changed to 28/28/28 Accuracy & 12 Strength from trash

Anima core of Zaros Helm - Changed to 20 Accuracy & 5 Strength from trash
Anima core of Zaros Body - Changed to 28 Accuracy & 9 Strength from trash
Anima core of Zaros Legs - Changed to 25 Accuracy & 8 Strength from trash

Refined Anima core of Zaros Helm - Changed to 23 Accuracy & 6 Strength from trash
Refined Anima core of Zaros Body - Changed to 30 Accuracy & 10 Strength from trash
Refined Anima core of Zaros Legs - Changed to 28 Accuracy & 9 Strength from trash

Emberkeen Boots - Changed to 15/15/15 Accuracy & 10 Strength from 0/0/0 & 15

Jewelry

Brawler's Knockout Necklace - Changed to 20/20/20 Accuracy from 10/10/10
Farsight Sniper's Necklace - Changed to 20 Accuracy & 13 Strength from 25 & 0
Arcane Stream Necklace - Changed to 20 Accuracy & 13 Strength from 14 & 15
Brawler's Blood Necklace - Changed to 25 Accuracy & 15 Strength from 15 & 14
Farsight Blood Necklace - Changed to 25 Accuracy & 15 Strength from 28 & 0
Arcane Blood Necklace - Changed to 25 Accuracy & 15 Strength from 17 & 16
Ring of Death - Changed to 11 Magic & Ranged Strength from 1 & 0
Reaper Necklace - Added 6 Ranged Strength
Deathtouched Bracelet - Changed to 20 Melee, Mage & Ranged attack from 0, 20 & 0, 
Changed all Strengths to 10

Gloves

Ascension Grips - Changed Accuracy to 30 & Strength to 10 from 25 & 0
Razorback Gauntlets - Changed Accuracy to 30 & Strength to 10 from 20 & 15
Celestial Handwraps - Changed Strength to 10 from 3

[+] Bug Fixes

- Widow's wail is now properly un-usable past 70 attack/str/defence
- Calquat Tree seed can now be added to a Plant pot
- Legendary title is now working
- T87 items will no longer turn to Null when degrading in some cases
- Bonecrusher will now take priority over the Drop Catcher (it'll crush bones instead of drop catcher picking them up)
- Dreadnips are no longer able to kill other player's Familiars
- Fixed an issue with Soul siphoner perk box only adding $10 to your total donated instead of $15, if this happened to you, contact me and i'll restore the missing $5
- The Tree Gnome Village clue location is now accessible
- You can now walk across the log on Karamja
- You can now switch to the Intermediate game mode via Nastroth

Credits:
Jaedmo, Arham 4, _jordan, lare96, Xenthium & Noele

• Like 5
  • Dislike 1

Honestly, make getting gear harder than it is. High level gear feel way too common in the game as just about half the server is maxed in gear. 

How to fix this: LOWER DROP RATES > MAKE GEAR REPAIRABLE AT A REASONABLE COST SO THAT THERE IS A DEMAND AND CONSTANT MARKET FOR THEM

I myself don't think this update should even be added and i think a lot of players feel the same way. don't get me wrong there is a lot of decent content there but there's a lot of things i feel are being nerfed too far. as i feel deci should not degrade to dust affter the time it takes to get it also i may be wrong here but i feel the nerf is needed to balance gear but i feel it might be too much as how buffed our boss's are.

Edited by the flow
  • Like 1

my only suggestion was instead of making decimation degrade to dust maybe make it repairble at the cost of chimes? it would be a chime sync and maybe not make decimation tradble?

Edited by bebez
  • Like 1

bebez.png

• Owner
15 minutes ago, the flow said:

I myself don't think this update should even be added and i think alot of players feel the same way. 

Well I'm sure you and a lot of players use Range only. This means you can use Melee and Mage. You'll get over the small losses of gp.

• Like 2

Honestly, this probably gonna help the server not be so easy getting late game gear so fast which is good but dislike that decimation turn to dust really no point to that and I really do believe some of the balance is way off on gear/weapon but we’ll have to see. Believe the boss timer was the only thing I really enjoy and look forward to trying. Still amazing work hope to give you some feedback soon keep up the hard work.

Edited by Sirvarrock
  • Like 2

Correct me if i'm wrong, but lowering the accuracy and strength of armour, and weapons would in turn make you hit less often and lower? so .. I'm just a bit confused on why mage wouldn't just be buffed to match the corresponding attack styles. I don't have higher tier weapons, and have been playing for around 140 hours. I like the gear I have (pernix for range, torva for melee) but I use chaotics. Please let me know if possible what will it look like for how my gear will play out. 

I've been out of town for 2 weeks, so I can only check the forum from time to time. 

Thank you

• Like 1

Thank you for the majority of this update. the QOL, Mole and the combat triangle balancing are very, very nice. However...

I cannot say thank you for certain elements of this patch:

The T87 weapons no longer being repairable: These weapons have gone from completely non-degradable, to completely degrading to dust in a months time, why did you choose for this, rather than leaving them repairable? Did someone watch Avengers: Infinity War again and were they inspired by Thanos's finger snap?

Many people had only just begun to use their T87 weapons and have them in the 20, 30 and 40% charged range. Are you telling these people now that their plan of repairing it is now worthless?

Revert this, and just make the repair costs higher. I'm terribly sorry, but absolutely nobody wanted this.

The removal of GWD1, Ganodermic and Various slayer drops from being chimeable. Your reasoning is that way too many people camp gano's for a couple days. I get that, so the change for Ganodermic armoury is understandable.

But why remove Slayer drops and the GWD1 items? The Slayer drops aren't that common, they're a nice added bonus for newer players doing slayer. It creates a market for these items as they have a chime value. Slayer used to be a viable source of income for newer players, before moving on to bossing. With removing the market for chimable slayer drops, and lowering the scale drop drastically, I believe this distorts the line of progression players go through in an unreasonable way.

GWD1 items are common, yes. That's due to how easy it is to obtain with the donator instances. There's other ways to change their influence, i.e. lowering drop rates while in aforementioned instances, or lower their chime value.

TL;DR. This update is mostly great, but two elements are way too drastic, and I personally do not see the level of support that would make me sit back and just accept the change. I get the whole idea of creating an item sink, but these changes shoot right past their target.

Edited by Vincent
  • Like 4

I am also on behalf on most of the comments on this thread. 

I appreciate the time and effort that has gone into making updates happen, but like others are saying i also do believe making decimation bow degrade to dust with such a high chime price (before update) is terrible, and even worse now that there has been a nerf to chime income so to say. i personally dont have the decimation and have only put 100hrs into the server and yet only have 2000 chimes, have 16 sirenic scales/86~ i thought it was at a good balance for sirenic and chime shop personally.

The mole great addition for ironmen especially! 

welcoming the combat style stats changes, mage is always left behind in servers and its nice to see you guys trying to do something about it.

Boss timers brings a refreshing contest against players.

overall most of this update i fully support but the items degrading to dust after spending soo much time getting chimes (now with the nerf even longer) is just stupid, deci just wont be gone after because it just goes to dust not worth the time in my opinion.

• Like 1

Balancing the combat triangle is a very difficult and delicate thing, especially with the server having RS3 weaponry and armour sets without the EOC that these armours were originally designed for by their first creators. It's a process of finetuning various things, a process that inevitably contains some mistakes along the way.

While the development of the balancing is on the right track, I do believe that this patch contains some flaws.

• Owner

Christ, we're really trying to give you guys a good server, one that lasts a long time. The way it was going before this update, Range would be the only viable attack style. We balanced them.

As for the uproar about Decimation.. Well I wanted to keep this as a surprise for next patch.. But apparently people are quitting over an item (maybe that's why it was good to nerf it...).

Decimation was made so it degrades to dust for two reasons:
1. People used it over Noxious Longbow
2. People would make money just to buy one

Now where we go from here which i wanted to keep secret is: Decimation's price is lowered as well as Annihilation & Obliteration. There is an item similar to the Imbued gear added to Hazelmere that you can use on the T87 weapons for an imbued version. With slightly increased stats, this item will never degrade and never disappear.

Why have we done this?

As I said, too many people made money just to buy this weapon. We added Hazelmere to add an Itemsink. Being able to buy the 2nd best range weapon (arguably the best) from a Player and use it forever without giving up one item is not what we wanted. This way, the untradeable attachment that you add to the items to make them non-degradeable requires people who buy the item for Gold to actually work towards getting their Decimation/Annihilation/Obliteration imbued, and what does that require? Them to chime some items.

Everything we do is to improve the future of Ataraxia, myself and the Development team are here for the long haul, we won't stop updating if you keep playing. The economy was going in a bad way, this update will help that and future updates will be tailored to help boost the longevity of Ataraxia.

• Like 8
  • Owner
8 hours ago, Austin JF said:

Correct me if i'm wrong, but lowering the accuracy and strength of armour, and weapons would in turn make you hit less often and lower? so .. I'm just a bit confused on why mage wouldn't just be buffed to match the corresponding attack styles. I don't have higher tier weapons, and have been playing for around 140 hours. I like the gear I have (pernix for range, torva for melee) but I use chaotics. Please let me know if possible what will it look like for how my gear will play out. 

I've been out of town for 2 weeks, so I can only check the forum from time to time. 

Thank you

Melee and Mage were far behind Range on Attack bonus and Strength bonus. Range was at about +530 attack for eg, with Magic and Melee being ~400.

We balanced this by bringing Range down, and still bringing Magic and Melee up. This makes it balanced while also nerfing Ranged a bit. It was too easy to afk bosses with t90 Range.

As for your Items, the only thing that would have changed is melee Armour. Most of your items would be untouched and just as good as they previously were.

6 hours ago, Vincent said:

Slayer used to be a viable source of income for newer players, before moving on to bossing. With removing the market for chimable slayer drops, and lowering the scale drop drastically, I believe this distorts the line of progression players go through in an unreasonable way.

Hazelmere's Chime shop is not intended to cater to new players. It's for the late-game where people get a lot of high level drops and may not be able to sell them, so instead they sink the item into the shop.

It was never meant to be a moneymaker for new players. That being said, i'm aware that we've taken a moneymaker away from new players and we will be working to add a new method.

• Like 6
7 hours ago, Jaedmo said:

Christ, we're really trying to give you guys a good server, one that lasts a long time. The way it was going before this update, Range would be the only viable attack style. We balanced them.

As for the uproar about Decimation.. Well I wanted to keep this as a surprise for next patch.. But apparently people are quitting over an item (maybe that's why it was good to nerf it...).

Decimation was made so it degrades to dust for two reasons:
1. People used it over Noxious Longbow
2. People would make money just to buy one

Now where we go from here which i wanted to keep secret is: Decimation's price is lowered as well as Annihilation & Obliteration. There is an item similar to the Imbued gear added to Hazelmere that you can use on the T87 weapons for an imbued version. With slightly increased stats, this item will never degrade and never disappear.

Why have we done this?

As I said, too many people made money just to buy this weapon. We added Hazelmere to add an Itemsink. Being able to buy the 2nd best range weapon (arguably the best) from a Player and use it forever without giving up one item is not what we wanted. This way, the untradeable attachment that you add to the items to make them non-degradeable requires people who buy the item for Gold to actually work towards getting their Decimation/Annihilation/Obliteration imbued, and what does that require? Them to chime some items.

Everything we do is to improve the future of Ataraxia, myself and the Development team are here for the long haul, we won't stop updating if you keep playing. The economy was going in a bad way, this update will help that and future updates will be tailored to help boost the longevity of Ataraxia.

Agreed.

• Like 1

I agree with Exoz, I wanted to test the update a bit. At first I hated the idea just because I had become so accustom to ranging everything but I is a nice change of pace to break out other weapons to try and get the fastest possible kills. Range is still viable but in some cases melee or mage might give you a little faster kills. Once the new patches for deci comes out this update will be great.  Also, extremely sad to see the wail go away but at the same time glad as I was using that more than I was my drygore mace for slayer. Over all, very good update for the longevity of the server. 

Edited by D E F

Capture.PNG.9072e74897ddc53a32ae813097d52f7c.PNG