• Server Status: Online

Last words before quit

I started playing this server with my girlfriend. She is pretty new to runescape and because we don't have much time playing official server I showed her private server. We enjoyed this server so much, I teached her how skills work, how to PvM some bosses and we had really good time.

She wanted to be as much efficient as possible, so I showed her what she can do while watching youtube for example, without paying too much attention to game. She mostly enjoyed to do semi-afk chaos dwarfs and divination (you probably have seen a lot of d picks drops from aurie ? ).

I also told her that runescape, even rsps community is kinda friendly and mostly there are just a lot of trolls, but no toxic people. She was happy to hear that, cuz she have problem playing competitive games where are a lot of toxic people flaming... basically she takes everything very personal. So I though this is perfect game for her.

But today some 3-4 people proved me wrong. They accused her for botting, because she trained divination while watching youtube on second screen and didn't respond to them. It's okay if youre not sure to report that to mod/admin and he will sort that, but I have no idea why they were rude to her, flaming her eventhough they couldnt be 100% sure she is botting. (btw she answered as soon as they tp her out. )

There were 3 people flaming her all the time and because she takes everything personally she started to cry and told me that this is the last time she is playing this game. I only know two names of flamers (Imodz, the flow). Also im sorry that I though Uzi was the rude one he only explained her rules about afk skilling, and did his job. 

Sorry for bothering you with this topic, but I really felt to share this and maybe those who flamed her should think of themselfs. Maybe she will give runescape second chance in the future, but I'm not sure if it's gonna be on this server.

• Like 2

That's honestly upsetting. We shouldn't be tolerating harrassment, let alone flaming. I highly encourage her to let a moderator or support know if this happens again, so that they can handle it. As far as the afk training goes, I think we all do it sometimes, but afk training is much different than botting. If she has any screenshots of the incident, please have her report it to staff, as we want to make sure to moderate their behavior for the future.

I definitely encourage her to give the server another chance and we are trying our best to make a positive and pleasant community.

• Like 3

logo (1).png

I'm sorry to hear this and hopefully I can change you and your girlfriend's mind as I personally handled this situation.

To further explain the AFK situation, I'm aware that many people do this and yes it may go unnoticed even, but the reason we have AFK training be against the rules is due to the simple fact that this can give us a notion of botting/auto clicking. I am not saying this was the case here, but as an example, if someone is found at a thieving stall completely unresponsive, but still thieving. He/She would be suspected of botting/auto clicking due to the suspicion. We have AFK Training be against the rules to simply minimize the confusion. As for this situation, your girlfriend was suspected of botting and was reported directly to me. I checked out the situation , found her to be afk, but she soon answered. I then went on to explain some rules and that was the end of that. No enforcement actions were done. 

Now, as for the flaming, I am truly saddened to hear this. We try our best to keep a friendly and good environment for the community as a whole. I believe we have done a good job thus far. I can assure you that we will do better in the future with handling flaming/harassment. I want to make it clear that this is not tolerated here on Ataraxia. I strongly encourage you and your girlfriend to give Ataraxia a second chance as I believe we have something great here and would hate to see you two miss out on it.

Best,

Uzi (Dawson)

• Like 5

UziAtaraxia.png

First of all I want to apologize for not giving attention to chat. As said, I watched something on the other screen, but that was way too far from even being afk, the only thing i haven't paid attention to was chat. Because I'm pretty new and came in touch with rs only about a week ago, I had no clue what that porting was. I just thought about some error in game. So i immidiately went back to know what happened.
I can just barely remember what exactly was happening there only a few rude phrases, because i was shocked from everything and those rude behavior directed at me. So I was really out of mind.
I'm sorry for anything I did wrong I'll take that in mind in the next time. Also thank you for making this thing clear to me so I can understand now. I'll think about continue to play on this server because there are still caring people as I can see expecialy the Stuff what matters most and I appreciate your hard work on this server.

• Like 4

I know Uzi has already apologized, but I would also like to apologize on my behalf for not being there or not being able to help out in this situation. We do not stand for alienating members of our community. We're all here for the same reasons.

I do hope that you will stay with us here, and we can work together moving forward to tackle other situations like this if they were to arise.

❤️

• Like 2

sgsrgwdt.png