• Server Status: Online

Server Announcement & Update

• Owner

Quite a big announcement coming.. So enjoy the read:

Over the past few weeks it has become apparent that the future of Ataraxia rests on the next month. The Development team, Administrators and I have been discussing the options for the future. We know that you all want Group Ironman, and don't worry, you will get it. However, the server just isn't in the place that I/we want it to be for that release.

I plan on making the GIM release huge, YouTubers, Advertisements etc. I want it to be the biggest we've had, not many servers have GIM and especially not a 718. I know it'll bring players back, I know it'll bring a tonne more traffic. Simply put, the server isn't ready for it.

There's been so many underlying issues in the base code of Ataraxia that have been overlooked by myself and the Developers (to my direction). I decided early on that we can just add content and the playerbase will increase, as it has. But it's not good enough. There's so many issues that we need to fix before I'm ready to invest a few thousand into the Advertising of GIM.

The server needs to be capable and ready to handle the traffic we will receive. There's so many bugs that have been hanging around for months, and it's about time we tackle them. We have a steady playerbase & Runelocus rank and I appreciate all of you maintaining that.
Over the next few weeks, the Development team's focus will be on improving the base game of Ataraxia, ensuring that all issues are ironed out. This will include:

- Fixing bugs that have been extremely long standing
- Reworking the Pet perk system to be handled better
- Reworking a few Store prices and Perks
- Reworking Skills that aren't amazingly coded (Hunter, Divination etc)
- Reworking Instances
- Getting a new Website & Theme, reworking the Hiscores & Store layout
- Reworking Bosses that are dodgy, coded by external people (Nex, Kalphite King, RotS, Vorago, Rax)
- Rebalancing the combat on Ataraxia to ensure it's not too "easy", I attempted to make it easier towards the beginning of Ataraxia, however, I overdid it, E36 will be attempting to balance the combat system once more
- Virtual levels (not really a bug but, would be cool right?)

What does this mean in the short run?

Well, this may not mean consistent patches. Bugs will be hotfixed to the game in chunks and there won't be designated patch days/notes. Instead it'll be a collation of all Bugs fixed over a certain period.

You won't be receiving new content for a few weeks. Don't worry, we have so much stuff lined up for after this, we just have to focus on making the game a better place. I want Ataraxia to last years, and the way we're going is just overloading the server when it can't handle it.

This is a good thing, stick with us and you won't regret it.

-----
Now, on a less-positive note. Unfortunately, Arham has decided to resign from his position of Development Manager. With most things in life, you lose motivation. Arham has sadly lost the spark that used to drive him for Ataraxia. It's not a bad thing, these things happen, Arham will still be around and he'll still impact the way Ataraxia continues, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Arham has been with us from the beginning of Ataraxia, when he received a message from Noele asking him to join. This was without a guarantee of money, throwing him into a terribly-coded source, making him work with someone he didn't know (me) and he did it. 

And holy fuck am I glad he did. Ataraxia wouldn't be here without Arham, the pure intelligence and positivity he brought to the Development team was unparalleled. His efforts over the past 10 months have been incredible. The success of Ataraxia truly lays on Arham's shoulders and that's without over-exaggeration.

I thank him so much for everything he has done for Ataraxia and me. He's an incredible Developer and person and I'm so glad I met him.

This kid has more potential than all of us, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for him. He's smart, kind, intuitive, trustworthy and overall a top class person. I have no doubts that he is going to go on and do something great. And it'll be a proud moment knowing that I worked with him once upon a time. 

Thank-you for everything Hammy, Ataraxia is always here for you, as am I

Jaedmo

• Like 3