• Server Status: Online

Hello my fellow Ataraxians!

So, I've decided to do a little fun giveaway on the forums to give back to the community.

While doing so, I would love to see what you guys have to say as a response to this giveaway!

You are all appreciated and this is just a little something to make sure you all know that.

Please respond to the following questions in this thread.

1: What is your favorite thing about Ataraxia?

2: Tag at least one other player who has made your Ataraxia experience enjoyable & tell us why!

Rewards

3 Winners : $15 Store Credit Each

Giveaway expires on 02/03/19

Best,

Uzi

• Like 6

UziAtaraxia.png

Favourite thing about Ataraxia - Has to be to be a strong tie between the community & the content. - Ataraxia has a unique blend of both, a great community with a lot of friendly people, and some unique content with plenty more to come.

@Nut Would be the first guy I tag, purely because he brought me back onto here, and is a long-time close friend.

Won't let me @ anyone else but they know who I would of tagged ?

• Like 1

profile sig.png

witt.pngflowie.png

1. My favorite thing about Ataraxia is the community. There's no aggression toward each other. There's some friendly competition from time to time, but it's all in good fun. I've only seen one person that was having a negative impact, and they were quickly dealt with. 

2. @Craftwork @Arachnid @E36 @the flow All helped me a lot when I first started, and still today when I have questions. You guys are the MVP

• Like 2

kope sig.png

1: What is your favorite thing about Ataraxia?

My favorite thing about ataraxia is this awesome community.

2: Tag at least one other player who has made your Ataraxia experience enjoyable & tell us why!

The one player who made my ataraxia experiance better was @Dillon, he was such a great guy always helped me out, asked me how i was and even when i had a rough time cuz of irl issues we talked on discord every day and he was in general an awesome guy. Ataraxia will miss him.

Edited by Chris

Fav thing - Being part of the community and talking to people + getting mad boss drops.

Players - Snowie is a god, great to chat to. Craftwork is an absolute g. Clumsy is a fkin og. Flow nicks my money but i luv him. Nemesis is a boss. Piped is a madlad. Benny is a baller. Exoz is humble, and generous as fuck ❤️. Ryan is a pleb. Bosh is a legend. Nik steals all the aod drops. Grind causes all the drama. Opi is awesome! Rsis2easy is a boss at bossing. Kusiaka can dung like no other. Nurri is a nerd and i luv him. Yuyu1 is rots king. Skcam is skilling king. Katana is boxing king. Chainsawz is bankstanding king. Asomi gets bare drops. Iron Cookie hogs corp. Rent is wholesome as fuck ❤️. Loure is a meme. Ryse is my boi. Zily wins the lottery. Snix gets the investor. Chris is a lad who raxes too much ❤️ . Rexxy is awesome to talk to. DEF is a great pvmer. E36 is very generous - great guy. Ash sorts me out with gecko pics. Hooves is pog. Asuna is mental. Spooder is a beast of a mod! Hatter is a great guy. Bebez is supportive. Sajene has a mad goal goin. Lukey is generous, great guy. Ely Sia N is an og! Hot Milo nice timezone m9. Raspberry is competitive ?. Awls ?

Left but not forgotten - Dillon, Loki, Kiwi, Promise, Devilshark, Slither, Ha98od0, Xslim, Ianog, Chloe, Raspberry, Bolinbear. (sorry if you still play my bad)

Big respect to all these people - you have had a great impact on my life, and it's been a pleasure playing Ataraxia with you!

Sorry if I forgot anyone!

Edited by Will
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

1: What is your favorite thing about Ataraxia? How friendly and helpful the community is, it genuinely makes the game enjoyable for me

2: Tag at least one other player who has made your Ataraxia experience enjoyable & tell us why! @Nemesis @Craftwork both of these guys are enjoyable to talk to, and make the grind more tolerable

• Like 3

nut-2.png

93a6727418b4f0a34c93798d8e8987a1.png

b9f9f50b3d3c0565bc76f924d442c2af.png

Favorite thing has to the generous, friendly community with a close second being getting 99 smithing ?.

I've only been here this weekend but there are so many people. @Craftwork gave me 1000s of dragon bones for 99 prayer. I found out one of my old mate @The Chef plays this server. @Will for doing a kickass give away. Finally thx to Typo for shooting the shit and convincing me to get 99 div.

I'm sorry if I missed anyone, I blame the sleep deprivation from 4x xp ?

Edited by Drainer
  • Like 4

Easily the community. Caring and fun with that locker room type banter ? glad to have some irl friends that play and some friends ive made playing.

2: Tag at least one other player who has made your Ataraxia experience enjoyable & tell us why!

@Chris within 5 hour play time i found myself rushing dung which is where i found this guy. from helping me with skilling and pvm to being an absolute book of knowledge about the game, he is one of the best. lending me t90s when my bank was 50m, straight giving me supplies, teaching me new bosses. thank you bud! 

• Like 2

tag.png

1. What is your favorite thing about Ataraxia?

The ever growing community and the absolutely wonderful staff/dev team we have in place, to make this server the best home I've ever been a part of. ^_^

2. Tag at least one other player that has made your Ataraxia experience enjoyable and tell us why!

@Will @Exoz @E36 @Arachnid @Hot Milo @Nut @Nemesis @the flow just to name a few. These players and staff members have made this home the best home I've ever found for a number of reasons. They're always so helpful and kind, and tend to always have the greatest attitudes. I love being able to talk to these guys about absolutely everything and consider them my best friends on the server. Thanks for all you guys have done, bros! ^_^

• Like 7

CraftSig.png.0b118649fc86889353d76f85c811a476.png

1. What is your favorite thing about Ataraxia?

I would definitely say my favorite thing about Ataraxia is how interactive the staff and community is. I've never had trouble getting help with anything, and that's thanks to the community.

2. Tag at least one other player that has made your Ataraxia experience enjoyable and tell us why!

@E36 @Snowie @Arachnid @Will  @Craftwork Have all been very helpful with answering question and being guides in the community. The list doesn't stop there, high tier donators, staff, and even regular players have been very helpful to newcomers and to anyone with questions. This server has a great community and I haven't experienced any hard times here.

Edited by Diem
  • Like 4

The community most importantly, and the staffs are really helpful towards new players and i never had issues trying to ask questions

All the staff team has made my experience in Ataraxia enjoyable. Communities like these in an rsps is hard to find, i have been to many, and this one is really unique just like a family? i guess. That's why i really enjoy playing this server.

• Like 2

Alice.jpg

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 2:01 PM, Uzi said:

1. The addiction. The grind. The competitiveness. Those who've known me for a while will also know exactly what I mean ? 

2. @Uzi @vengeance @Clumsy @Ash @Noele @Jaedmo @Overpowered @killnubsftw @Tranquility @Dashie @Chris @Chloe @Arachnid @Hot Milo @Snowie @Craftwork @Snixie @Will @Feed My Ego You guys have all, at one point, made my day better when I really needed it. Thank you. ❤️ 

Edited by ely sia n
  • Like 8

Signature.png

1.My favorite thing about Ataraxia is the chill vibe everyone has, it seems to be a really good community that's very helpful. I've gotten a lot of help from players like arachnid, the flow, my brother liridonx92 and many others. bossing is fun, and I like the grind of trying to get good gear.

2. my @liridonx92, for helping me out in the game, and doing bosses with me

@Arachnid, for teaching my a lot about the game and helping me start out

@the flow for helping me get skills up and helping a lot of the community out when ever I see someone needing help he's there helping them.

• Like 2

tyrannical.png.c8c09305fe4b80e11eb711a823e50b85.png

1.  Skilling  is my favorite thing and it's coded pretty well here and you can't forget the community.   People here tend to make you feel like you belong. 

2.  @Arachnid  - Super friendly and has always been quick to reply/help when I've needed it. 

• Like 1

[1] What is your favorite thing about Ataraxia?

Innumerous times before, Ataraxia has always enticed me to come back, even when I would feel as though I'd already played out most of my interests. And while I’m far from consistent, the server itself has practically always been a constant. From weekly additions and changes to the core game, and regularly bringing everyone up-to-date via the Discord or the Forums... Goodness, even group activities and events have become a more scheduled and common thing now. It feels alien to me, how much it’s changed in just a few months. It’s really heartwarming, to see how the framework has only continued to build and flourish.

And, well, it's really always a surprise, to come back, and to find that the players are still friendly and jovial, just as they used to be, only a few months prior. Well, for the most part. Even when real-life (oops, broke the immersion) can be taxing, I occasionally pop in and look around every once in a while, and there's a very familiar, comforting nostalgia that I feel, where silly, happy memories of conversation and skilling just scramble in my mind, and I can think, "Yay, I'm back home. In my 'second' home, but still. Home 2.0!" Somehow, even with so many new faces every time, it still happens. It's indescribably comforting, and a relief that the environment's still so healthy.

Oh! I'm getting off-track, so here's my actual favorite thing. What most consistently tops my favorite things (I think) are the staff members. I'm not kissing up, mind you. Every single member of the team, and I do not say that loosely, are at the very least... adequate. I'm kidding, they're really nice! About as nice as you could hope for. They're prompt and good-natured, which, in turn, makes me even more so. It's contagious! And just gets me giddy that the players themselves seem more open and active, too, and as a whole, the whole atmosphere benefits.

I haven’t played many servers, so my experience is at the ‘bottom of the barrel’, but from what I’ve heard, communities in general tend to be... maybe the most rowdy part of servers in general, and if not, negligent management from higher-ups. But that’s not a concern at all for me here. And while the community isn’t everything, I have a feeling it could make or break a fun experience, so cheers to you, Ataraxia, for not bumping into me and making me fall off the counter.

TL;DR: Players are nice, the staff are nice, the developers are nice—people are nice.

[2] Tag at least one other player who has made your Ataraxia experience enjoyable & tell us why!

I've encountered much too many personalities to count. I think my temple might be heating up from trying to think of all of them and what they've done for me, so I'll simmer down before I get a headache. Anyway, pardon my fuzzy memory, but here they are below. Those special few. Ahem.

@Arachnid

From when he was first promoted to blue and appointed as Mister 'Question Guy' this past autumn, he has since been so very accommodating whenever he helps me or others. I really think of him as a valuable player, who I always see to be in high spirits. I don't think it's unfair to say he's beloved by so many others, me included. And although everyone has their sunny and gloomy periods, he still manages to cheer me up, even whilst answering my boring questions. I think he has charisma or something. And I look forward to asking him many more questions, not just as a staff member, but as an arachnid, too.

@Dice or 'Not Dice' or 'something-that-is-and-isn't' Dice

I've known Dice to be very outgoing, and a bit of a jokester, who knows what buttons to push to annoy me or make me 'exhale audibly' in jest. I'm not particularly easy to garner a chuckle out of, so that's an achievement of sorts. Because when he does manage it, it leaves a lasting impression on me. I don't know if he's still active, but I'll remember him. Surely, I will.

Extremeadam/Pinguino

This player in particular was someone I'd met before the relaunch, in Ataraxia's first iteration, but even so, it wouldn't feel right to leave him out. Nope, nada. Adam was a player I'd spent a significant portion of my time cooperating with, whether it was in bossing, skilling, Shooting Stars, more Shooting Stars, or actively trying to blow 100,000 fishbowls and failing simultaneously. I couldn't list all of the things, really. There's too many! Anyway, if it wasn't for him, I might have not have been so motivated to return for the relaunch. I think that alone should say enough, wouldn't you think? Also, that's a rhetorical question, don't answer that, please.

@igor

Igor has been amongst my favorite players to talk to and debate nonsensical gibberish with, whenever and however long it lasted. One of the sweetest and most endearing players I've met, he is one of the primary reasons I still play, even if I don't see him on too often. Ha, I mean, not that I'm active or anything, so I can't be the judge of that. Even so, I'm really grateful to him. Even to his witty dialogue and sigh-inducing humor. I was able to look past that.

Loki

Y'know, it's been so long that I'd almost forgotten him! My most competitive rival, who I'd raced with up the Hiscores lists. Granted, we were both on Novice mode, but still... Don't judge us! Loki was someone I can attribute a substantial amount of credit to in my lasting interesting in playing. When I first started out, it was as a skiller, and while I was really unsure about the decision since it was so limiting, he provided me a plethora of encouragement to go with it. We'd exchanged countless tips, tricks, methods, you name it (don't actually name any, please), so it was a weird, friendly... Huh. It wasn't actually a rivalry, was it...? Still... I'll cherish the fun "competition".

@Multiply

Both one of my favorite staff members of the past, as well as 'conversation partner person', Multiply was almost always my go-to person to ask for advice. Though I'm not completely sure he was actually worthy of being treated as a wise sage... Come to think of it, I'm surprised he hadn't gotten annoyed by my 'lists' of questions and questions coupled with said questions. He was always so patient and pleasant to be around. I suppose he was a "teacher" or sorts. Aha, yes, I think it's fair to refer to him as such.

It goes without saying (although I'm still saying it for some reason) that there are plenty others that I'd add, but my blocks of text are already taking up a sizable amount of surface area, so I should wrap this up. But I wouldn't bet against the possibility that this list will continue to grow beyond this, as there have been plenty of players who have been so courteous, kind, and generous to me and others. Those listed above were truly the ones who really pushed my enjoyment just a level further. Maybe they just happened to be at the right place at the right time. Maybe it was that, even if they don't know it. And perhaps I might even have, unbeknownst to me, helped someone else enjoy playing even more. I dunno'.

More importantly, they all really helped me become more open, since I was never much for conversations in general, and usually kept to myself, so I greatly appreciate them for being such friendly, inviting humans. Yes, thank you. Thank you, you silly gooses.

Edited by Raspberry
  • Like 4

Sig 1.0.png

• Dawson locked this topic