• Server Status: Online
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 58 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Event Calendar - Feedback #2

Hello my fellow Ataraxians,

As you all may have noticed, the end of the first Event Calendar is near..

First of all, I would like to thank everyone who has helped with both participating and hosting these events.

It would not have been possible without each and every one of you.

I believe everything went quite well and I am extremely happy with the results.

That being said, I want to get some more feedback from all of you to improve going forward.

In this thread please reply to the following.

1: Would you like to see this becoming a consistent monthly occurrence? (Yes or No)

2: How can we improve going forward? (Event Suggestions/Feedback)

Please keep in mind that the following changes will be made if these events do continue.

1: Lootshare for Boss Masses

2: Adjusted event times to accommodate all time zones.

We hope that you all enjoyed this last month's events as much as we did!

Best,

Ataraxia Staff Team

• Like 6

UziAtaraxia.png

7 minutes ago, exoz said:

With regards to boss masses, loot share is a must in order to get more people involved and i think is a great addition to the game. 

It's already in development! :) 

As far as events go, I'd also like to see suggestions on what bosses you guys would like to kill in masses as well! Remember, the more announced drops, the more rewards there are.

FB_IMG_1548612707736-picsay.thumb.jpg.4c18d84c854028c19d24e97310e5f223.jpg.ed2751e183e1fb244a7c2c282d3fce04.jpg

1 minute ago, E36 said:

It's already in development! ?

As far as events go, I'd also like to see suggestions on what bosses you guys would like to kill in masses as well! Remember, the more announced drops, the more rewards there are.

KK and AOD are my favorites ?

tag.png

In regards to the Event Hosting, I love the idea, but like Exoz said, I believe that Lootshare needs to be implemented before boss masses will become more popular. There have been a few times where events will pop up and there will only be 1 staff member on at that given time, who wasn't supposed to be hosting said event. Though it still gets done because our staff team is great and know how to improvise, I feel like there might could be a stricter schedule for who hosts which events. And that's not being said in a way to bash our staff team at all, because they're all very mature and clearly know what they're doing. I just feel as far as the events go, it could be run a little more smoothly. 

That being said, I would still 100% love for this monthly event calendar to become a more often occurrence. I love the idea of pre-planned events to get the Ataraxia community more involved with one another, and it gives new players along with old a chance to just kinda drop the xp-grind for half an hour to an hour and just enjoy time spent with our ever-growing playerbase and incredible staff team.

+1; Much love

• Like 2

CraftSig.png.0b118649fc86889353d76f85c811a476.png

Only been to one event so far which was the boss mass last night but it was a lot of fun and done well like others have said the only thing I think that could be changed would be lootshare of some kind but apart form that all fine and looking forward to more in the future. 

Also, sorry for the second reply, but I do believe we should think of a few events we could add to the list of events we can put on the calendar. I do believe we should focus more on community-based events rather than pure giveaways like Trivia/DP. Though it does help newer players get some supplies and cheap gear, I feel it shouldn't be as often, and we should have more events along the lines of bringing the community together like boss masses and stuff. Or even maybe something like a skilling hour, where there could be a system implemented.

Something like so: Possibly for each skilling action, you get a certain amount of points (Points are based off of the tier you can do. Smithing, for example, 4 points for Adamant Gear, 5 for Rune, etc.) Something like that. And then after a bit of testing to find out how points would work, and what a realistic goal for prizes would be, there could be a shop or prize based on the amount of points you get for the hour-long skilling session event. The prizes wouldn't have to be anything large. Maybe some cosmetic items or lamps, or something of the sort. Just a thought. Gonna think on this a bit more and make a descriptive suggestion about this in the near future. ^_^

CraftSig.png.0b118649fc86889353d76f85c811a476.png

1: Would you like to see this becoming a consistent monthly occurrence? (Yes or No)

Yes, these events are great for bringing the community together.

2: How can we improve going forward? (Event Suggestions/Feedback)

less give aways, maybe skilling events such as dungeoneering? possibly some pc events during the week with boosted points so newbies dont have to wait until the weekend

another suggestion i have is to give gp away instead of items for hns/trivia. because we have plenty of money sinks but no real item sinks.

Edited by Nik
  • Like 1

In all honesty, I do look forward to the in-game events, but the adjustment of when the event being run is what I'm rooting for. Its basically 3am here where i live and basically im very much asleep by then missing out on drop parties mostly. Only could attend boss mass for the past few weeks.

For 1. I think lootshare would be adequate but it could be bad for eco if someone in op gear goes they just 3 shot bosses. 
 2. may be you guys could do some raffle games like rng gen from 1-100 and have ppl pick numbers singualarly to keep it anonymous but fair.

Edited by Tournament

How would you guys feel about a skilling pet event? 1st one to get a skilling pet gets a prize, or something similar to that idea.

As for item spawns in-game, I agree with you all. That's why we're trying to aim it in a direction that won't affect the economy very much (I.E store credit)

Edited by E36
  • Like 1

FB_IMG_1548612707736-picsay.thumb.jpg.4c18d84c854028c19d24e97310e5f223.jpg.ed2751e183e1fb244a7c2c282d3fce04.jpg

The events are a great idea to get the community working together. I think a cool idea could be some skilling events too where we get bonus xp for what ever skill we are doing as a group so if you're a low level you can still participate in the fun. 

Capture.PNG.9072e74897ddc53a32ae813097d52f7c.PNG

2 minutes ago, E36 said:

How would you guys feel about a skilling pet event? 1st one to get a skilling pet gets a prize, or something similar to that idea.

As for item spawns in-game, I agree with you all. That's why we're trying to aim it in a direction that won't affect the economy very much (I.E store credit)

Given how rare the pets are that might take a while!

Would be great if a temporary drop rate boost was possible for such an event.

• Like 1

So, I know I haven't been playing as often, but when I go to the events tab on discord, i always check the time the messages were posted and they're always at 3am, 1am, hell even 11pm before people may have to go to school/work the next morning. I know we're all in different timezones and you can't cater for everyone but I don't think I saw an event that was at peak times for many Europeans, I.E after 6pm >

Riley_final_one.png